You can say we have been waiting for this day for a long time. A very long time. So it should be no surprise that we have a countdown going in our heads, in emails, on Facebook and pretty much anywhere we go, the word wedding comes up. A week ago, we had a month left. As of today, 24 days. 24. Days. Oh my gosh, we are approaching the teens.
In some ways, butterflies have started to enter our stomachs. Not because we are nervous about marrying each other because let's face it, we have been together long enough that we could finish the other person's sentence. I wish I were kidding. But, I am not. I guess we are nervous because we are about to enter a whole new stage in both of our lives. We will shortly be a Mr. and Mrs. The Lindseys. The L's as our friends like to call us. No longer will I be Miss Shefali Shah. I guess in many ways, the butterflies are a good thing. It's a way for us to remember that although we are nervous, we are very excited to begin this new stage, this new life. Together.
In the whirlwind of the life I have been leading the past few months with graduate school, working, running a photography gig on the side, wedding planning, packing and moving, I have put my emotions aside. Almost in a jar to not be opened until, well now. Although, I am still very busy with the wedding details and photography, I have opened that jar slowly, and slowly my emotions of our wedding day are unveiling. It's exciting. It's scary. It's nerve-wrecking. But, when it comes down to it, we are just excited to be getting married. To be a Mr. and Mrs. To be the Lindseys. To be the L's. So, the butterflies can enter our stomachs, our hearts can race at times and our heads might be spinning, but in 24 days, we finally get to do something we both have been dreaming long enough. I get to marry my best friend.
No post is good without some pictures, so here are a few of us living the last few weeks as an engaged couple!





No comments:
Post a Comment