This weekend was quite a success. My parents, Bryan, and I spent most of Saturday meeting with photographers and seeing different ceremony and reception sites. We saw the Sheraton in Clayton, Holiday Inn in South County, The Larimore Plantation, and a few banquet centers. We absolutely loved the Larimore Plantation, but it would not work out quite right for how the ceremonies and amount of guests we have. We loved the Sheraton, but I have a feeling the prices are a little out of budget for us. The Holiday Inn was ok. Not my first choice. They did offer a great wedding package though. Stacey, a good friend of mine, is getting married this October. She gave me some great places to check out such as Crowne Plaza in Clayton, Renaissance by the Airport, and the Sheldon Concert Hall (really neat place!). I liked these three when we looked them up online, but we'll see how it looks in person. Bryan and I are hoping to go home one more time in February to finalize the location.
We did get a photographer though...KELLY MANNO! We loved her pictures, and the first moment we met her, we loved her personality as well! She's fun and it shows in her pictures...they are incredible! I can't wait!!! We did some other wedding brainstorming like ideas for all the minor items like the invitations, centerpieces, etc. We want to make sure and personalize our wedding to show our personality and interests through! I will write more on this soon!
Some of our closest friends, Zach and Stacey (we are both in their wedding-Bryan being the best man, and I am one of the bridesmaid) took us out for an incredible celebration Saturday night. We went to dinner at Kobe Steakhouse in Westport and then out to this nifty coffee bar near their house. What a wonderful, fun night! They were so sweet for doing that!!!
It's times like this when I realize how blessed we are to have such wonderful friends and family in our lives!
Two more days until we head out to the west to play in the snow!!!
Love.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment