Can you believe it? 6 months ago from tomorrow, I was engaged to my best friend and future hubby! Crazy. I am more excited that we are entering into the one year mark. I hear it goes pretty fast once that comes around. I know how it goes; it's summer, and before you know it the leaves are changing, there is snow on the ground, flowers are blooming, showers and parties are being thrown, last minute planning is happening, and Bryan and I are the Lindseys or like our friends call us in KC, "the Ls'! Especially as we have been attending weddings since May, we keep getting the comments, "Before you know it, it will be you two tying the knot!"
I haven't written in awhile about what has been going on with us aside from the weddings that keep occurring one after another. A lot has been happening. First of all, I decided to postpone my plans on getting my master's in Education until later on down the road. Bryan and I are really trying to focus on being financially stable and saving for a nice down payment on a home when we move home to StL in the near future. We both realized it was a good decision to first take care of our finances and being settled in our lives, and then think about sending me back to school to further my education. I am not giving up on the fact that I don't want to become a teacher. I will someday down the road. Since I had been engaged and started school, I had not made any time to actually enjoy being engaged. There are a lot of things I wanted to do myself but didn't know if I had the time for it. Well, not only will I get to do enjoy being engaged to the most AMAZING man, but I will get to focus on some of the stuff I would rather do myself b/c I enjoy it!
Apart from planning a wedding, I have decided to take up some hobbies that I either miss or truly enjoy and expand on them! Once the crazy summer passes, I plan on, also, becoming a volunteer for Make-A-Wish. It will be my way of helping kids out if I can't teach quite yet. I am truly excited about these opportunities I have and plan on taking full advantage of the free time I have!
As far as wedding planning, we have so much done! So far, we can check off: ceremony and reception site, photographer (so excited for Kelly!), DJ, my wedding band, church and priest for our Catholic ceremony, florist and ceremony decorator, bakery for the wedding cake, and hopefully a videographer. My mom and dad plan on taking care of the dresses and outfits for Bryan and I for our ceremony (I have given them some ideas!), invitations (gave them ideas and wording for this as well), and some misc items in India when they go in October! They are getting excited about it although it will make for a BUSY trip! But, I am so grateful they are able to do this for Bryan and I! The other stuff like the programs, menu cards, guest book, favors, and gifts for bridesmaids and parents are all in the works or done but are left to be unveiled until June 19, 2010! I can't wait to get more educated in some of the graphic design programs and a program like Paint Pro for Mac I downloaded for a trial to use on DIY wedding projects. All in all, everything is coming together and Bryan and I are both enjoying planning the little details!
I just can't believe at this time next year, we will be getting ready for a rehearsal dinner on this day and be Mr. and Mrs. Lindsey the next day! I can't wait! Love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment