Thursday, June 25, 2009

Exciting!

Happy Thursday or shall I say One-Day-Until-The-Weekend! This weekend will be my one weekend at home, and I cannot be more excited. (Although, Bryan will be in StL with all his pledge brothers celebrating the last night of one his pledge brothers being a bachelor, so I will miss him dearly.) This weekend is extra special b/c it's my roommate's birthday! Sounds like we are going to have a good time.

Since I blogged last, a lot has happened. First of all, my kick butt fiance sent me a lovely surprise last Friday. I blogged about this last Thursday, but Friday was one year until our wedding-exactly. Much to my surprise, with packing and moving to a new building, I literally forgot about Friday even though I blogged about it Thursday. (This does not happen often.) However, Bryan came over to my apartment for some dinner before heading to StL, and kept asking me about a surprise at work. All who know me, know I watch Friends (TV show) to a sick level, which in translation is ALL the time. I was so focused on the episode when Joey finds out about Monica and Chandler that I wasn't listening to Bryan. Poor guy. After the show was done, he continued to ask about a surprise. I kept thinking surprise at work was another word for layoffs. Don't ask. I kept saying no. He looked a little disappointed. I asked why. He told me he had sent me lilies at work since it was one year exact until our wedding day. (OH MY GOSH. Sweetest man ever.) Now you can all imagine how I am feeling and thinking. I felt happy, floored, shocked, and almost in tears (it doesn't take a lot ladies and gentlemen). However, I was thinking, how did I let that slip my mind today of all days! I told him how that day was my last day at that building since I was going to the new building Monday. We tried to go after we ate dinner to see if they got delivered. They never did. On Monday, I got them, with the SWEETEST card. Seriously, how did I get so lucky?! Anyways, here they are below. I love them, and they smell like bliss at my desk!






















Onto the weekend. Emily and CJ got married! Congrats!!! Their wedding was gorgeous being at the Larimore Plantation in StL. The details were quite lovely. The wedding party was stunning! The company was wonderful! Emily made a breathtaking bride and CJ just looked like the happiest man to be marrying the breathtaking bride. So cute. She was teary-eyed the whole ceremony, which shows you how much it meant to her. Even though I was sitting in the back, I could see CJ just smiling and reassuring her it's ok. Too cute. Actually, it was my favorite part of the whole wedding. Their parents were just beaming with happiness as well! I loved both their moms. They were NOT afraid to start showing their moves with all of us girls. My other favorite part was watching Bryan dance like a stud even though he is in the process of his knee healing (he is doing awesome by the way!). I love LOVE going to weddings with him. He makes his own fun, never is afraid of what others think or of a good time, and just dances the night away! I just could not stop smiling the whole night. Too fun. Now for the pictures!






























































We only have ONE reception and ONE more wedding left this summer. We have ONE more after this summer in October of some VERY special friends of ours. It is extra special because it is Bryan's best friend from home, Zach. He is the best man, and I am one of the bridesmaids. I can't wait for their wedding! We actually get to see them over the 4th of July weekend; we're heading to the lake for that weekend, which is going to a nice change from KC and StL. Plus, who doesn't love three day weekends!

Last but not least, I had to blog about this. For last night's date night, Bryan and I went to see the movie Up! Yes, it is a kid movie. However, I can't remember the last time I have laughed so much at a kid movie. It was cute, witty, hilarious, sweet, sad, and an all around WONDERFUL movie. I highly recommend it to anyone especially if you have kids or are a kid deep down inside (like Bryan and I!). I want to see it again. I should get going as I have blogged a book today. Hope everyone is staying cool in the HOT HOT HOT Midwest weather this week!













No comments:

Post a Comment