Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I. Love. Holiday. Weekends.

Did I mention from my previous posts how much I love three day weekends? Well, our 4th of July weekend was amazing. Originally, we had planned on going to the Lake of the Ozarks. However, our plans changed Friday morning, and we made different plans.




















Friday was awesome! We enjoyed a nice lunner (in between lunch and dinner). Afterwards, we went to see The Proposal. (Yes, Bryan gets brownie points for going with me.) I loved the movie, and I think Bryan did as well. We spent a majority of it laughing. It was funny and sweet. Plus, Sandra Bullock is such a great actress, in my opinion. I'm so glad we went to see it because I got a chance to catch a glimpse of the trailers, which after each one, I kept whispering to Bryan I wanted to see. (Side note: Movies from Sunday through Thursday only cost $5.00 at the AMC theaters, at least in KC. I love it.) The next movie we are waiting for is Harry Potter-one week from tomorrow! The best part of the day was heading to Weston, MO to take our friends Ryan and Jane to this awesome Irish bar Bryan and I love called O'Malleys. They have live Irish music, and we had such a blast with the band. They had some fun songs that we even sang along to! Not to mention, great Irish accents. These two men had some gifted talent to say the least. I'm pretty sure Bryan, Ryan, and Jane were quite happy with the drink selection as well!





















Saturday we relaxed for the majority of the day. In the evening, we headed to downtown to Riverfest to go see the fireworks show. It was great! Plus, I was in love with my strawberry and peach smoothie (see picture below). YUM. Sunday, we spent the day relaxing, watching movies, and headed to the Plaza for a bit in the afternoon. It was so nice to walk around and just enjoy the gorgeous afternoon. (Side note: I think I wanted to buy everything at Anthropologie. Thank goodness Bryan was with me to give me some self-control. I love him.) We stopped at the cutest popcorn and candy shop to buy a piece of white chocolate with M&Ms and crunch chocolate bark. We enjoyed it with a yummy smoothie at a coffee shop. *sigh* If only all Sundays could be spent this way. Plus, we made some yummy meals while we were in town! My favorite yet was some oven-baked french fries with fresh herbs. Overall, our weekend was wonderful. I haven't felt that rested and relaxed in awhile. It was so nice to be in town and do some of the things we both wanted to do in KC! Hope everyone else had a wonderful Fourth of July! Much love.





























No comments:

Post a Comment