Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Little Taste.
As we go through the wedding planning process, Bryan and I are learning all the different traditions that hold true in my culture. Saturday night was simply intimate and beautiful if I must say so and will give you all a taste of the cultural experience you will be a part of in less than one year. My parents invited Bryan's immediate family, my aunt and uncle, and some of their friends over to our house. Once everyone was there, a ceremony was performed by my mother and aunt. After the ceremony, my aunt read from a scroll and officially announced our engagement as they would in India. Once the ceremony and announcement were over, we all got to celebrate by eating some fabulous desert and appetizers made by everyone. It was a wonderful time, and it made Bryan and I so happy to see our families come together! It makes us realize how wonderful our families are and how grateful we are for them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment