What a wonderful weekend. Apart from seeing some of my best gals-Sus, Jess, and Bansi-Bryan and I got to spend some quality time with my parents planning for the wedding and celebrating my dad's birthday (I love the picture!). We spent most of Saturday looking at two hotels-Hilton and Renaissance at the airport. We all loved the Renaissance. The wedding coordinator, Gene, was a hoot and a great person overall. They had a three-course tasting for us as well, which was FABULOUS considering I am a foodaholic. And, we met with an Indian woman who does the decorations for the Indian ceremony. Plus, we found out she puts flowers together for the whole wedding-ceremony and reception-at wholesale. How awesome, right? Bryan and I were going to try for the fake flowers for the wedding party and reception, but with the vibrant colors we have chosen, we might have to use real flowers. But, this woman really had everything at VERY decent prices. We are hoping to finalize on the location sometime in the next month! Once it is decided, I will write some more. So excited. It really feels like we are planning for a wedding now. We look forward to our next visit home for more wedding stuff and to see some of our good friends for St. Pat's!
P.S. Susie, one of my bridesmaids, came over Saturday morning to get measured for the Indian dress. She got to try on one of my mom's Indian dresses...all I am going to say is Bryan and I are going to have a stellar wedding party! I can't wait!
Love.
Shefy! I had so much fun trying on the Indian gown! I can't wait to be Indian for the day! I felt like a princess :) It was so good to see you, Bryan, and your Mom and Dad! Can't wait to see you at the parade!
ReplyDelete