It is 70 degrees outside, running with the light breeze sweeping over my face, listening to the BEST band-Coldplay all the while smiling on a Wednesday afternoon. Cars are driving by wondering what I must be listening to on my iPod as I have the biggest grin on my face. Little do they know, it's not what I am listening to, it's what I am thinking about: in less than 16 months, I get to be Mrs. Lindsey! I get chills-the good kind that run through your back all the way to your neck and arms-for almost half of a mile, not because of the breeze, but with the thought that I get to marry the man I had always dreamed about. I couldn't help but think how wonderful today was. God blessed us with wonderful, warm weather to enjoy the day outside, and He thought, well He knew, I would take advantage of it by running outside. Boy does He work miracles showing me how to enjoy the wonderful little things in my life to realize how lucky I am!As I was running, I thought of our big day, special day, the most memorable day all the while realizing I get to spend it with all the people I love the most-family and friends-celebrating something very special with my best friend. It made me think how I am ever so grateful for my friends. They have helped me become the person I am proud of being today! They are my strength, backbone, shoulder to cry on, ear to listen to for everything and anything, and my sisters! My family-mom, dad, and little one otherwise known as "Baby Shefy"-who has shown me all the love and support one girl could receive; I would do anything and everything for them as I would with my friends. The family I soon get to be a part of-Bryan's famile (French for family); they have taught me how to love, have fun, and always follow my heart! I seriously lucked out...I know why Bryan is a gem now! And, I get three sisters (Crystal, Beth, and Brandi) and a brother (Brad) to add in a year or so! I can't wait!
The biggest blessing I was given was my best friend-Bryan, Bizzle, B, B-Ryan, or whatever else I call him. Haha. I never, EVER in my wildest dreams thought I would be getting married to someone as amazing as him. The one who is the boy-version of who I am or at least that is what we think (minus the emotions-me...haha). The one who is my world. My best friend. My other half. So few find this in their life and cherish it. And somehow I got blessed with this gift. So, I thank the man upstairs today for a wonderful gift, blessing, or whatever else you want to call it!
I have my health, I'm on my way of accomplishing my dreams, and a wonderful job...basically everything I need to lead a wonderful, awesome life! Don't ask me what brought on this post today. Maybe it is the weather. Maybe it was the run and breathing some fresh air knowing spring is around the corner. Or, maybe it is a combination of appreciating life with all of its greatness! With all the news around the world of depression, recession, war, greed, hunger, and whatever else, you have to stop, take a run, and feel the chills-the good ones-to make you realize how wonderful life is and how fortunate you are! Much love.
You are too adorable! It's nice to see you so happy! Not that you aren't normally, but it gives me warm fuzzies =]
ReplyDelete