skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Wonderful Valentine's Day.
So, there are many people who boycott Valentine's Day thinking it is a Hallmark holiday. While I do agree on the Hallmark part, I absolutely love the holiday, well I love all of them! So, Bryan and I did not boycott Valentine's day nor have we since we have started dating. This was our fifth one together, and it was quite wonderful. We spent the day running errands and picking up ingredients to make for our dinner. In the evening, we made a FABULOUS dinner for three (Bryan, Martha, and I) with mashed potatoes, green beans and asparagus, and some delicious wine! Funfetti cupcakes were our desert...YUM! He happened to get me some wonderful gifts as well...a Guess watch (which I have been wanting since high school), Chicken Soup for the Teacher's Soul (my first Chicken Soup to start my collection), and the Fox and the Hound (we always recite the lines about being best friends from there, but I had never seen the movie). The cards was my favorite part! He got some Dodge brake light covers for his beloved truck from me! We spent the remainder of Valentine's day watching romantic movies and having some wine (one of our favorite things to do together). It was a lovely Valentine's Day! And, Sunday, I pampered myself by getting a massage, haircut, and taking my good friend, Ashley, for a surprise lunner (in between lunch and dinner) to the Melting Pot with my roommate, Martha and another friend of ours, Taylor. It was a wonderful time!!! Oh my goodness...wonderful news happened over the weekend. My good friend and bridesmaid, Susie, got engaged to her love, Sean, on Valentine's Day! She about gave me a heart attack calling me at 1:00 in the morning, but it was the happiest news to hear. Her proposal was very sweet, and her ring is absolutely beautiful! So, now we have two (Kathleen and Sus) of our very close friends planning a wedding together for the same year! Our friends are going to be some BUSY ladies! I can't wait! Plus, we get to all see one another more often during 2010, which is wonderful! Not much in the wedding area (can't wait to go home in two weeks to finalize a location), so I posted a fun/funny picture I came across on Laurel Denise's blog to start off the week. Too cute and funny. Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment